Sunday, January 18, 2009

January 18, 2009.

It snowed again in NYC.  It snowed a little bit more.  I spotted a family making a snowman in Union Square.  The end product wasn't that attractive. In fact, it was kind of creepy looking.


But not all the snowmen were creepy.  I found one really cute one.  He was small and just adorable.  He had a bright yellow paper hat too!  He was sitting on top of the picnic tables on the north end of Union Square, near the playground.


The animals were out an about in Union Square foraging for food.  


There was also an abundance of sparrows; can you find them?


And we can't forget about the pigeons.  I was lucky enough to encounter a white pigeon amongst snow. 

In Jersey City, the snow was covered in pigeon tracks when I got off at Exchange Place.  It was pretty cool looking but they weren't the only tracks laid in the snow.


That one above is mine footprint in a pair of North Face boots.  I wasn't expecting to sink my feet as deep as it went.  I thought the previous snow would have frozen over or something.

This one isn't so much a footprint but the power of what salt can do against snow...

And here we have a lonesome seagull just hanging out, waiting for a handout.

No comments:

Post a Comment